This Site is made available by Marston’s PLC of Registered office Marston’s PLC, Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4JT, Telephone 01902 711811, Registered in England No. 31461, VAT Number: GB100019352 – referred to in this statement as “we” or “us” are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the Purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “Act”) or any subsequent or relevant legislation, We are the data controller. The Site is hosted for us by GRIN of Lombard House, 145 Great Charles Street, Birmingham B3 3LP (.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our products/services, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- if relevant, to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Subject to your consent. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please ensure the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your information remains unticked; and
- to notify you about changes to our service
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive)
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Any member of our group or trading divisions;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with “aggregate” or “anonymised” information about our users; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms & conditions; This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Why we Process your personal data
The data requested from you throughout the course of the use of the website will be necessary in the interest of registering you to use our site, subscribing you to our products/services, placing your order on our site, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, entering a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. Non-Mandatory fields will be marked as such to give you the option of inputting personal data.
The basis of processing for each use of the website varies. Generally, use of the website that is based on:
- Legitimate interest is registering to use our site, participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, entering a competition, promotion or survey, when you report a problem with our site and enquiring or submitting feedback.
- Consent is subscriptions to our products/services.
- Contract is placing an order or making a purchase on our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we store your personal data
Generally, where use of the website is based on:
- Legitimate interest, we will hold the data until such a time that it is no longer in your interest that we hold your data. This can include but is not limited to at the point of resolution of your enquiry or feedback.
- Consent, we will check with you regularly that you still want to receive our communications. We will take inaction as confirmation that you no longer want to receive our communications.
- Contract, we will hold the data in line with HMRC requirements of 6 years plus current year.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ensuring the relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your data remain unchecked. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
You have the right to object to us processing your data where we are doing so on the basis of legitimate interest, however it may mean that we are unable to provide the service you are requesting. You may restrict our processing of your data (for instance not receive marketing communications) if the information we hold on you is incorrect, with the right to have this corrected at any time. You can do this by contacting us.
You have the right to have your data removed from our systems at any time by contacting us. This will only be done in as far as possible if we are no longer required to retain the information for instance for financial records, or under legal obligation.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You can do this by contacting us.
You also have the right to have any data we hold transferred to a third party at your request, if that data is held on the basis of consent or contract. Please use the link above to contact us to do this.
Cookies – we may use “cookies” to help us recognise you on any return visits you make to our Site and to make any form filling procedures easier for you. Cookies are small pieces of information which will be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. The cookies used by us will not give us any personal details about you. If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your browser follow these instructions:
Internet Explorer: Open the Tools menu and click Internet Options. Choose the Privacy tab and move the slider to high level of privacy. Click on the Default button if you do not see the slider.
Other browsers: Refer to the relevant help menu looking under cookies, privacy or security.
Types of cookies we use
Here are the types of cookies our websites use and some more details about what they’re used for:
|Cookie name||Purpose||Expiration policy|
|age-verifier-52726||Essential – Prevents the display of the age verification page.||Expires after one year.|
|PHPSESSID||PHPSESSID cookie is native to PHP and enables the website to store serialised state data.||Expires at the end of the session.|
|NID and PREF are used by Google to store user preference and information when viewing pages with Google maps.
__utmb, __utmc, __utmz, and __utma cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.Click here to learn how to reject or delete the Google cookies.
|Expires after 6 months.|